Ver en EspaƱol

Upcoming Meetings

Take Part in the Hudson County Ferry Study
The Hudson County Division of Planning is pleased to announce the launch of the Hudson County Ferry Service Expansion Study! From now to June 2021, the county will be exploring the potential for new ferry service to different areas of Hudson County. Please share your thoughts and comments with them. Get on board by visiting their website at: and signing up for their email list, or by following their Facebook page, and join them on the voyage!

Hudson County is exploring the potential for new ferry service. The county wants to hear from you! Visit for more details, to join their email list and provide input!

Bayonne Master Plan 2017 View Past Public Notices Parking Renewal Orange & Purple Zones Pay Your Taxes Online Property Taxpayer Bill of Rights Pay Water/Sewer Bill Online Urban Enterprise Zone Urban Enterprise Zone Port Authority Alerts

The Office of the Clerk handles many aspects of today's city government.

Click here to request information under
the Open Public Records Act.


Bingo & Raffle Licensing

A qualified organization MUST receive an identification number from the Control Commission prior to making an application for a Bingo or Raffle license.

An organization should register for the identification number from the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission at:

Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission
124 Halsey Street - 7th Floor
Newark, NJ 07101
Tel: (973) 273.8000

Upon obtaining the identification number from the Legalized Games of Chance, the organization must then go to the municipality where the games are to be conducted. A copy of the identification number must be brought along when applying for the license.

At the time an organization applies to a municipality for a license to hold a Bingo or Raffle, the municipality will give them the application and advise how much the fee will be.

After properly filling out the forms and returning them with payment, the license application must be approved by a Resolution at the Council Meeting and forwarded to the Bureau of Criminal Investigation at the Police Department.

Once this process is complete, the applications are sent to the Legalized Games of Chance for approval. There is a two week waiting period after the application is mailed.

If you require additional information, click on the link provided in the left hand column.

** In order to ensure receipt of all necessary licenses in sufficient time, application and fees should be submitted at least three (3) months prior to the date of the event.

Elections and Voter Registration

To register in NJ you must be:

  • A U.S. citizen
  • At least 18 years old on or before the next election
  • Residing at your present address for at least 30 days
  • You are not eligible to register or vote if you are on parole or probation, or if you are serving a prison sentence for violating state or federal law

You must complete an application, available for download at the state site. See Quick Links on left.


Find out which ward to vote in by
entering your address at the NJ Polling Place Locator

Marriage/Civil Union Licenses

  1. Step 1 - State law requires the parties to apply for a marriage or civil union license in the city where either applicant resides. If both parties reside out of the state, then they must apply in the City where the ceremony will be performed.
  2. Step 2 - Both parties should be 18 years old or older. If either party is under the age of 18, consent must be obtained from both parents and/or Superior Court Judge. Consent forms are available in the City Clerk's Office.
  3. Step 3 - Identification is required for both parties, (i.e.: Birth Certificate, Driver's License, or Passport). Social Security Card or Social Security Number is also required. Proof of residency is required.
  4. Step 4 - When applying, both parties and one witness over the age of 18 years must be present. If either party has been married before, final divorce papers or certificate of death must be presented at the time of the application.
  5. Step 5 - State law also requires a 72-hour waiting period before marriage or civil union licenses may be issued. Licenses are valid for 30 days after date of issue. License fee is $28.00.

** Municipal Judge marries on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays at 11am. Appointments can be made at time of application.

For further information, please contact us at (201) 858-6029 or visit the State website by clicking on the links provided in the left column under Quick Links.

Private & Commercial Licensing

* Coin-Operated Machines
  • $75 - First Machine
  • $25 - Each Additional Machine
* Distributor's of Mechanical Adjustments
  • $250
* Jeweler's
  • $100 - First Year
  • $25 - Renewals
* Florist
  • $100
Must sell for the entire calendar year from a location established at least one year.
* Peddler
  • $150
* Trailer Camps
  • $100
* Solicitor & Canvasser
  • $25
Not selling merchandise; taking orders
Poll & Billiard Room
  • $100 for first table
  • $25 each additional
* Massage Establishments & Therapists
  • $100
(Distributing Commercial or Non-Commercial Handbills)
  • $50 - 1 Year
  • $25 - 3 Months
  • $15 - 1 Week
  • $10 - 1 Day

* Renewal Period Annually, January 1st - December 31st.

Municipal Clerk

Tel: 201.858.6029
Fax: 201.823.4391

Location City of Bayonne
630 Avenue C
Bayonne, NJ 07002

Hours, for Marriage/Civil Union Licenses Mon-Fri: 9am-Noon, 2pm-4pm



Agencies, Authorities, Boards & Committees

Get Involved

Long Term Control Plan Unit Discrepancy Sheet Citizen Service Request Bayonne History 511 - I-95 Traffic Conditions 9/11 Memorial Rental Assistance Survey Small Landlord Emergency Grant Program Notify PSE&G About Your Life-Sustaining Equipment