Young bicyclists who have longed for a place in the city to show their stuff need to look no further than the Dennis P. Collins Park, home to the city’s first bicycling facility.
Between First Street and the Kill Van Kull, next to the little League Stadium, the grounds provide a place for children of all ages to use their bikes.
Rules and Regulations:
- Skateboards, scooters, and razorboards are not permitted within the Skate Park. The City of Bayonne created a separate Bayonne Skate Park for these children
- Glass is prohibited in and around the Park
- No food or beverages are allowed inside the Park
- Bikers must wear standard helmets, elbow pads, knee pads and wrist guards at all times within the Park
- Littering in the Park is prohibited
- The use of ramps, jumps, rails, boxes, bars or any other equipment other than that provided by the City is prohibited
- Waxing of ramps, rails, boxes, jumps, bars or other equipment is strictly prohibited
- Pets are prohibited
- Use of Bike Park is prohibited when wet, raining, or during routine maintenance periods
- Competitive or demonstration events are prohibited unless prior written approval is granted by the Director of Public Works, Parks and Recreation.
- Skateboards are limited to 34 inches in length and in-line skates are limited to a maximum of 4-wheels per skate.
- Bicyclists under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Bike Park Etiquette
- Anyone using the Bike Park does so at own risk. Know your ability and bike with care
- Please help keep the Park clean of debris
- Be careful with personal items. The City of Bayonne is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Be respectful and courteous of others. Please keep noise to a minimum
- Report any broken equipment, loose ramp screws, or other unsafe conditions to the Department of Public Works, Parks, and Recreation
- The City of Bayonne reserves the right to close the Bike Park for any circumstances deemed necessary. The City of Bayonne also reserves the right to restrict entry to the facility and to ask persons to leave the facility if any of the rules are not followed, or if unsafe behavior is observed
Bike Park Warning and Disclaimer
Stunt riding and extreme bicycling are hazardous recreational activities. Use of this non-supervised facility may result in death, paralysis, brain damage, concussion, broken bones, or other serious injury. Any use of this bike park is at your own risk. It is not possible to design and build a bike facility without hard surfaces. The same hard surfaces that challenge the skater post significant risk of injury if the skater falls. The City of Bayonne does not assume any responsibility for injuries.