Re-Opening of City Cooling Stations
Published on July 9, 2014
Mayor Jimmy Davis and Rob Wondolowski, Director of Municipal Services,would like to announce the re-opening of the city cooling centers. It will commence today, July 9, and extend through tomorrow in order to help residents who are affected by the summer heat.
The cooling centers,located at the city’s senior citizen centers, will be open at 597 Broadway, and 329 Avenue B from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day for residents who do not have air conditioning.
Swimming at Lincoln Community School is open 5:30 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. for late swimming hours today through tomorrow. The DiDomenico Pool, at 16th Street, will operate under normal hours as there is a swim meet.
The city also recommends residents check on elderly or disabled friends and relatives during the heat wave. Please drink plenty of fluids and avoid over exertion during the day.
- Bayonne Bridge Winter 2014 Newsletter Update
- Three Children Win Contest To Design Bayonne Christmas Cards
- Bayonne Bridge Overnight Closings and 20-Minute Daytime Traffic Holds, December 8-13
- Bergen Point Fall Festival
- DAVIS: Teachers Union President Rejects 5-Year Deal with Money Added to the Contract; Deal Puts Money in Teachers Pockets at Zero Tax Increase
Sign Up for Email Updates
Development of Harbor Station South
Port Authority’s Bayonne Bridge Project
© 2013 The City of Bayonne, NJ. All Rights Reserved.