The Port Authority advises beginning Monday night, November 11, 2013, on a temporary basis, the Bayonne Bridge will have only one travel lane overnight. The single travel lane will be in effect through Friday, December 20, 2013, to help accommodate construction activities on the bridge. A police officer will direct vehicles to advance or halt through the single travel lane at night and in the early morning. The traffic will alternate between hold and pull cycles in each direction for fifteen minutes from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., Mondays through Thursdays, and from 12:00 midnight Fridays through 8:00 a.m. Saturdays. If there is an opportunity for police officers to use shorter time intervals, they will do so. Variable message signs will be posted to advise motorists of the single travel lane.
Bayonne Bridge to Have One Travel Lane Overnight From November 11 Through December 20
Published on November 8, 2013
- Library Hours, December 22-27, 2014
- Three Children Win Contest To Design Bayonne Christmas Cards
- Energy Audits and Related Home Improvements Available for Low- and Middle-Income Households
- Reminder: Bayonne Residents Have the Right to Opt Out of TriEagle Energy
- Twenty-Minute Holds on the Bayonne Bridge on December 17
Sign Up for Email Updates
Development of Harbor Station South
Port Authority’s Bayonne Bridge Project
© 2013 The City of Bayonne, NJ. All Rights Reserved.