The Port Authority advises beginning Monday night, November 11, 2013, on a temporary basis, the Bayonne Bridge will have only one travel lane overnight. The single travel lane will be in effect through Friday, December 20, 2013, to help accommodate construction activities on the bridge. A police officer will direct vehicles to advance or halt through the single travel lane at night and in the early morning. The traffic will alternate between hold and pull cycles in each direction for fifteen minutes from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., Mondays through Thursdays, and from 12:00 midnight Fridays through 8:00 a.m. Saturdays. If there is an opportunity for police officers to use shorter time intervals, they will do so. Variable message signs will be posted to advise motorists of the single travel lane.
Bayonne Bridge to Have One Travel Lane Overnight From November 11 Through December 20
Published on November 8, 2013
- Turnpike Traffic Advisories, March 7-10, 2014
- Mary Courtney and Morning Star to Play in Irish Concert Set for Bayonne Community Museum on Thursday, March 13
- St. Patrick’s Party Set for 56th St. Senior Center on Thursday, March 13
- BEOF to Host St. Patrick’s Senior Luncheon and Concert on Wednesday, March 12
- Irish Flag-Raising Ceremony set for Friday, March 7
© 2013 The City of Bayonne, NJ. All Rights Reserved.