The Port Authority advises beginning Monday night, November 11, 2013, on a temporary basis, the Bayonne Bridge will have only one travel lane overnight. The single travel lane will be in effect through Friday, December 20, 2013, to help accommodate construction activities on the bridge. A police officer will direct vehicles to advance or halt through the single travel lane at night and in the early morning. The traffic will alternate between hold and pull cycles in each direction for fifteen minutes from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., Mondays through Thursdays, and from 12:00 midnight Fridays through 8:00 a.m. Saturdays. If there is an opportunity for police officers to use shorter time intervals, they will do so. Variable message signs will be posted to advise motorists of the single travel lane.
Bayonne Bridge to Have One Travel Lane Overnight From November 11 Through December 20
Published on November 8, 2013
- Costume Contest at City Hall
- Broadway Businesses Displaying A “Trick or Treat” Sign Will Have Halloween Treats
- Heat Regulations Are in Effect in Bayonne
- Water Meter Change Out and Capital Upgrades for Bayonne’s Water and Sewer Systems
- Enforcement of New Parking Permit Areas to Start Monday, November 3, in Downtown Bayonne
Sign Up for Email Updates
Development of Harbor Station South
Port Authority’s Bayonne Bridge Project
© 2013 The City of Bayonne, NJ. All Rights Reserved.