Mayor Mark A. Smith is urging Bayonne residents to take a safe driving pledge on www.celebratemydrive.com. Mayor Smith said, “Strong support from our community could help Bayonne High School obtain funding for a new simulator in driver education classes. I urge all residents to go to www.celebratemydrive.com. Take the driver safety pledge, and offer your support to Bayonne High School.” That website, which is sponsored by State Farm Insurance, will award grants based on the amount of support given online. The website is offering ten $100,000 grants, ninety $25,000 grants, and two concerts by Kelly Clarkson. The Bayonne Board of Education has estimated that a new simulator for driver education would cost approximately $92,000, which could be covered by one of the $100,000 grants. The contest runs online until Saturday, October 26.
Mayor Smith Asks Residents to Help High School Obtain Grant by Taking Safe Driving Pledge Online
Published on October 22, 2013
- Turnpike Traffic Advisories, March 7-10, 2014
- Mary Courtney and Morning Star to Play in Irish Concert Set for Bayonne Community Museum on Thursday, March 13
- St. Patrick’s Party Set for 56th St. Senior Center on Thursday, March 13
- BEOF to Host St. Patrick’s Senior Luncheon and Concert on Wednesday, March 12
- Irish Flag-Raising Ceremony set for Friday, March 7
© 2013 The City of Bayonne, NJ. All Rights Reserved.