Mayor Mark A. Smith is urging Bayonne residents to take a safe driving pledge on www.celebratemydrive.com. Mayor Smith said, “Strong support from our community could help Bayonne High School obtain funding for a new simulator in driver education classes. I urge all residents to go to www.celebratemydrive.com. Take the driver safety pledge, and offer your support to Bayonne High School.” That website, which is sponsored by State Farm Insurance, will award grants based on the amount of support given online. The website is offering ten $100,000 grants, ninety $25,000 grants, and two concerts by Kelly Clarkson. The Bayonne Board of Education has estimated that a new simulator for driver education would cost approximately $92,000, which could be covered by one of the $100,000 grants. The contest runs online until Saturday, October 26.
Mayor Smith Asks Residents to Help High School Obtain Grant by Taking Safe Driving Pledge Online
Published on October 22, 2013
- Costume Contest at City Hall
- Broadway Businesses Displaying A “Trick or Treat” Sign Will Have Halloween Treats
- Heat Regulations Are in Effect in Bayonne
- Water Meter Change Out and Capital Upgrades for Bayonne’s Water and Sewer Systems
- Enforcement of New Parking Permit Areas to Start Monday, November 3, in Downtown Bayonne
Sign Up for Email Updates
Development of Harbor Station South
Port Authority’s Bayonne Bridge Project
© 2013 The City of Bayonne, NJ. All Rights Reserved.