Mayor Mark A. Smith is urging Bayonne residents to take a safe driving pledge on www.celebratemydrive.com. Mayor Smith said, “Strong support from our community could help Bayonne High School obtain funding for a new simulator in driver education classes. I urge all residents to go to www.celebratemydrive.com. Take the driver safety pledge, and offer your support to Bayonne High School.” That website, which is sponsored by State Farm Insurance, will award grants based on the amount of support given online. The website is offering ten $100,000 grants, ninety $25,000 grants, and two concerts by Kelly Clarkson. The Bayonne Board of Education has estimated that a new simulator for driver education would cost approximately $92,000, which could be covered by one of the $100,000 grants. The contest runs online until Saturday, October 26.
Mayor Smith Asks Residents to Help High School Obtain Grant by Taking Safe Driving Pledge Online
Published on October 22, 2013
- Library Hours, December 22-27, 2014
- Three Children Win Contest To Design Bayonne Christmas Cards
- Energy Audits and Related Home Improvements Available for Low- and Middle-Income Households
- Reminder: Bayonne Residents Have the Right to Opt Out of TriEagle Energy
- Twenty-Minute Holds on the Bayonne Bridge on December 17
Sign Up for Email Updates
Development of Harbor Station South
Port Authority’s Bayonne Bridge Project
© 2013 The City of Bayonne, NJ. All Rights Reserved.