Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Co and the US Army Corps of Engineers will hold a public information session on Monday 29 April 2013 from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M. at the Bayonne Senior Center on 16 West 4th Street, Bayonne, NJ to advise the public of the dredging and blasting project in a localized approximately two acre area off of Collins Park in the north side of the Kill Van Kull channel. This work is being performed for the purposes of enhanced navigational safety by easing a bend in the channel. The blasting in this localized area is expected to start no earlier than mid-May and last approximately two weeks. Residents of Bayonne, particularly those south of 3rd Street between Humphrey Avenue and Ingham Avenue, and of Staten Island, particularly those near Richmond Terrace between Port Richmond Avenue and Heberton Avenue, are encouraged to attend to learn greater details of this action. Representatives from Great Lakes and the Army Corps will be available to answer questions and concerns about this project.
Army Corps of Engineers Public Meeting on Monday, April 29
Published on April 25, 2013
- Snow Removal from Bayonne’s Main Avenues to continue
- Deadline Extended to February 28 for Submitting Redevelopment Proposals for Harbor Station South
- Street Closings Due to Bayonne Bridge Construction
- Mayor Smith Urges Bayonne Eateries to Sign Up for Super Bowl-Transit Promotion
- City of Bayonne Hosts Redevelopment Seminar
© 2013 The City of Bayonne, NJ. All Rights Reserved.