If you sustained losses or damage from Hurricane Sandy, you may be eligible for disaster aid.
You can call to apply: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
The TTY number is 1-800-462-7585.
For 711 or Video Relay Service, call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
For more information or to apply: www.DisasterAssistance.gov
Or apply on your smartphone at: m.fema.gov
When you apply for disaster assistance, please have the following available:
- Social Security number (including your spouse’s number)
- Private insurance information, if available
- Address and zip code of the damaged property
- Directions to the damaged home or property
- Daytime telephone number
- A telephone number where FEMA can reach you or leave a message
- An address where you can get mail
- If you want your disaster assistance funds sent directly to your bank, provide the FEMA agent with your bank account type (savings/checking), account number, and routing number
Disaster recovery assistance for eligible recipients is available without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, English proficiency, or economic status