The Bayonne Visiting Nurse Association, in cooperation with the City of Bayonne and the Bayonne Department of Health, is pleased to announce that the annual immunization clinic for seasonal flu and pneumonia shots for Bayonne residents will be held on the following dates:
Date Location Time
September 20 535 Avenue A 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
September 21 159 West 2nd St. 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
September 22 50 East 21st St. 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
September 27 537 Avenue A 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
October 4 30 East 50th St. 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
October 6 27th St. and Ave. C
Firehouse 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon
Residents aged 18 and older are eligible to receive a flu or pneumonia shot. Anyone on a potent blood thinner (either Coumadin, Heparin, or Lovenox) MUST present a prescription from a physician to be vaccinated at the above clinics. Flu and pneumonia shots will be available at no charge to participants who present a valid Medicare card with Part B coverage. Non-Medicare participants will be charged $35.00 per flu shot and $45.00 per pneumonia shot. Besides a valid Medicare card, participants are asked to bring a second form of identification, preferably a photo ID.
Please note: the 2011-2012 formula contains the following three strains of influenza: A/California (H1N1); A/Victoria(H3N2); and B/Brisbane, recommended for the upcoming influenza season in the United States.
The following people will be referred to their primary care physician for vaccination:
- Anyone less than 18 years of age
- Anyone on potent blood thinners (Coumadin, Heparin, or Lovenox) without a prescription from their physician
- Anyone receiving chemotherapy, radiation, or immunosuppressant drugs such as large doses of steroids
- Anyone diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis or who has had Guillian-Barre Syndrome
- Anyone who is pregnant or nursing
- Anyone who has had an allergic reaction to previous vaccines, chicken eggs, Merthiolate (mercury derivatives), Benadryl, or Epinephrine
- Anyone who is sick with fever